Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Xanax friggin sucks

So I have decided Xanax for the most part is evil. I have spent the last two days in a state of constant panic attack, and going thru physical withdrawals. No I did not do alot, yes it was prescribed to me. I have been prescribed it since mid to late October. At work we had a good size layoff, and for once I lost some really good friends it, usually these layoffs make some sense in who they. This one did not, it angered and for once really saddened me. Then about a week later, I get a call in the afternoon from my mom (when she calls in the daytime its never good). She was calling me to tell she had just had an emergency dual mastectomy. At this point I was about to lose it. Thankfully my medical team (yes, team as there are two) put me on Xanax so I could deal.
I stopped taking Xanax about a week ago, all was well except I had a cold. Well Sunday evening I started feeling panicky with no reason, I was going cold and clammy then hot... my skin was cold, I cold smell things I never had, hear things uncomfortably better, it was hell. It got worse. I was tired, but could not sleep as I was so spun up. I ended up having to take two ambien to go to sleep, then it was only for 6 hours, and not good sleep. The next day it got worse, it was hell. I ended up being in hell til this afternoon. It fealt like my heart was going a million miles an hour, when my heart rate was only about 75 bpm. This morning was the worst. I woke up feeling worse. Thank god I had a doctors appt at 9am. Of course I get there and yep, no one is there. Finally someone shows up I wait and extra 30 minutes, my Dr shows up and can tell I am losing my shit. I am sitting in the waiting room looking like 'Pookie' from 'New Jack City' (no pipe burns on my lips though). The medical Dr immeditately faxes a prescription for Xanax to the pharmacy and my therapist puts me thru relaxtion/hypnosis, which kinda helped. Afterwords I went and got my script from the store, and after I took em fealt 100% better.
Most of you know me well. I have done meth, ALOT of it, years ago, like when in my early 20's for about 4 years I did a couple of grams a day minimum . I quit it, cold turkey. I smoked for 17 years, quit, was easy. This was the hardest shit I have ever been thru. I had no idea this was one of the 'features' of Xanax. Apparently it works off the same 'receptors' as Heroin!!! SWEEEEET. I mean WTF, a nice word of warning woulda rocked. The only good thing was I was not craving it, I just wanted this hell to stop. My Dr gave me more, but I have an appt with him tomorrow. I plan to ask him how to get me off this crap. Its like having a shovel than when you stop digging with it, it fills the whole up again. If you ever get prescribed it, just be aware.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home