Saturday, December 8, 2007

Low price 29er's!!!!!!


So I am a bicycle junkie, I accept it, and enjoy it. Not long ago I got a Specialized Epic Comp Disc, badass bike, most comfy bike I have been on flat out. Today I go to my local bike store (queue 'I'm waiting for the man' by Velvet Underground) to order some new tires. While shooting the shit with them, talking about how my next bike is going to be a Santa Cruz V-10, self build, I notice the Specialized Rockhopper 29er..... WTF I had no idea this thing existed. It was gorgeous, and dear god, under $1000. I seriously was in shock, this bike was stunning. Having never ridden a 29er I had to test, my faithful sidekick Archie was asleep in the car so I had time.
This bike, for $750, had disc brakes, an ok front fork (it locks out, all I need) and a badass WW2 era pin-up girl painted on it. I was blown away, I fell in love. I have ridden $6000 bikes, I would rather have this (ok, the Sicilian part of me would take the more pricey one and sell it...). I am still thinking of this bike and how to justify to myself how NOT to by it. I will dream about this bike, alot. As I pedal my beloved Epic, I will think of 29 inch tires on the cheaper bike. I wants me this bike bad, more than most bikes I have wanted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home